Friday, February 22, 2013

Rant about Intense Debate


Hi Lovelies! I know a random post from me shocking and not exciting since it's not beauty related, but I am soooo frustrated right now!!! I have been using IntenseDebate for over a year now for my comments. For the most part, they've been really good and I liked the layout and how my comments looked on the blog. They were pretty good at weeding on spam at the beginning, but now it is just out of control!!

Today I received nearly 10 "anonymous" comments that all were posted to my blog. All spam. IntenseDebate says there is a way you can "moderate all comments" but that option is not in my settings. I don't even have a way to MAKE people log in before commenting.

I know I used to complain about having to type in the crazy letter/number code to "make sure I'm human" on other blogs, but I totally understand why now! This spamming thing is freaking annoying and honestly makes me hate my blog because I think it brings down the value of it.

So after going through IntenseDebate's "support" pages and not finding anything to help me, I wanted to contact them. TOO BAD THEY CAN'T BE CONTACTED 'TIL MONDAY AT 10 am PACIFIC TIME. Are you kidding me?

I am completely disgusted and will be uninstalling it tonight. I understand there's a good chance I'm going to lose all my comments from all you fabulous dears, and for that I am truly sorry. I just can't allow this to continue any longer. Every day the "anonymous" comments become more and more, and this is where I'm putting my foot down. Just wanted you to know why you may soon see no comments on any of my posts:)

Love and miss you all! Look for upcoming posts next week!




4 comments:

  1. AND! Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse? They don't even have up to date instructions on how to uninstall their coding!! It is all based off the *old* version of Blogger!!
    As you can see, I got it off and did lose all my comments, but whatever. I am still so furious.

    DO NOT USE THEM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to use them too, and ended up uninstalling them when they gave me really bad customer service. Oh and unforunetly, their is no way to salvage the comments, I lost about 100 of mine :/ ALSO, I've been getting mad amount of spam on the blogger system too, almost 20 a day and it's so freaking ANNOYING!!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spam has definitely gotten worse in the last few weeks. I turned off anon commenting. I'd say 99% of my anon comments were spam. So I don't think it'll have a negative effect.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...