Monday, January 2, 2012

Hair Repair (in 3 minutes!!!)

I didn't mean for today's post to come out so late, but it has just been a crazy busy day! Before I get too far into the topic for today, I wanted to say a quick hello to my new followers! Hello!!! So glad you found me!! Hope you stick around and enjoy reading this blog as much I love writing it!:)

Speaking of followers! In case you haven't noticed yet, I surpassed 25!! As many of you know, practically since Day 1, I've been saying that when I get 25 followers I would have my first giveaway! So.... drum roll please.... I'm going to have my first giveaway!! Yayyyy!!! I'm still working on the products and the rules, but look for that post on Friday!!


Today's Monday Hair post is about a product I've been using for a while now: Garnier Fructis 3-Minute Undo Dryness Reversal Treatment. I bought this when my hair had pretty much reached its breaking point (quite literally!) From all the dyeing, flat-ironing, blow drying, etc. everything had really done a number on my hair. I picked this up for about $4.99 at Walgreens.

Here's what they claim on the label: "Is your hair dry, overdried or damaged? Does it feel unhealthy to the touche? It needs deep nourishment" It has three fruit oils for triple nutrition: Olive, Avocado, and Shea.

If you've ever used anything by Garnier Fructis, you know that it usually has a pretty pleasant smell. This is no different. The packaging is great--it comes in a standup tube which means the product is always at the bottom making it easier to squeeze out even when you're nearly running out.

It's a very thick, creamy consistency with little bits in it--almost like a body scrub. I usually use about a quarter size (it will depend on the length and thickness of your hair.) After shampooing, I'll apply it throughout my entire head of hair from root to tip (making sure to include the underneath side), then let it set for 3 minutes (about a song or song and a half if you listen to music while showering;) After I rinse it out, I condition as usual.

While I can't say for sure that my hair is three times healthier or three times stronger, I can say that my hair definitely comes out shinier and smoother--which to me is enough to say that it works:) My hair is in a healthier place now, so I don't use it every time; right now I'm using it about once a week. There may be more expensive products out there that work better, but for the price I'm pretty pleased with this product! And while I was looking for products to review tonight, I realized I have a TON of Garnier Fructis stuff. lol. So apparently I'm a fan:)

9 comments:

  1. Great review. I blow dry and curl my hair a lot and I've been too lazy to research hair treatments. Gonna give a go! LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like something I need - nice review, I'm always looking out for feedback on hair products, it can be hard to come by!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm now following yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!! If you try it, let me know what you think and how it works for you!:) everyone's hair is different!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh this sounds perfect! I don't know why, but my hairs been getting really bad recently and I don't know WTH to do. I'll definitely be trying this out now! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will have to try this! Thanks for the review!

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hair has been such a mess since I bleached it 2.5 years ago. I've been on the hunt to find products that help. I will def have to try this stuff out. I bought the Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Mask after it was raved over and it did nothing for my hair so if this stuff is only $4 and works I'll be pleased!

    Congrats of surpassing 25! So exciting!
    beautybyarielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This stuff looks really lovely. Great post. May try it!

    misscourtneyjanet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone!! Good luck using it! I'll keep you posted if I find another cheap product that repairs too:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This product seems good for it's price! I may have to try this...and congrats on reaching your 25+ followers!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...