Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hard Candy Lash Ink: 4-day Stain

As I mentioned last week, my "eyes or lips" day has been very "lips" focused so today I'm taking some time to discuss an eye product!

This is Hard Candy's Lash Ink 4-day Lip Stain. Let me start by saying I really do heart Hard Candy. I think overall they make a fabulous product at an even more fabulous price! I love how everything is a solid dollar amount. Something is $4 or $5 or $7, etc. It's just like a really simple concept. But they have such fun colors and overall really quality makeup. They also don't test on animals which is a perk in some people's minds:) [Which does make me kinda wonder, who or what to they test on to make sure the product is safe? Hmm...]

Not gonna lie, part of the reason I picked up this mascara was because of the packaging--it comes in this tube of sorts (I really don't know why, but it definitely piqued my interest enough to spend the $7 on it;)

The mascara claims:
"
Mascara that won't quit until you do. Flatter your flutter for four days straight! Lash Link 4-Day Lash Stain defies the elements--paint on lashes and don't reapply mascara for up to four days. Your lashes will stay flawless no matter the circumstances!
  • Paint on lashes and don't reapply for up to four days!
  • Bristle brush allows you to reach every lash from root to tip
  • " (via Walmart's website, since I couldn't find it listed on Hard Candy's site anymore)

    Those are definitely some pretty hefty claims! It lasts for [up to {keywords here!}] four days! Wow! And they'll stay flawless!? Fabulous!

    swatch
    Here's what I like about this mascara: the color is great. It's a shiny black that really does make my eyelashes look pretty amazing. It has a very skinny applicator wand, and I felt like I was painting my eyelashes on. It's somewhat thin and watery, so I applied more than I probably needed. Since it dries so fast, when I (accidentally) used (a little) too much, my lashes did clump together some. A simple eyelash comb can fix this problem.

    Did it last all four days? Eh. It's really just a very powerful waterproof mascara. It lasted through a shower and washing my face morning and evening. Day two it was still pretty good. It didn't flake off nearly as much as regular mascara, but it still did as the days went on.

    What I didn't like about it? It really is a "stain." And it does stain. I'm sometimes in a rush when I'm doing my makeup in the morning, and if it dripped anywhere near my eyes, on my cheek, wherever it would leave a little black streak (not a huge deal, it can be washed off. But if you're one of those girls that does her makeup in the car or something and you might not have q-tips and a sink on hand? You might have to rub a bit to make it go away). Also, sometimes if I would pull the wand out too fast it would splatter. (I understand both these issues are really kinda my own fault, so you may not experience the same negatives.)

    Would I buy it again? Probably not. But not because it's a bad product, just because when I wash my makeup off, I really do want all my makeup to come off. I was kinda afraid it was going to make my eyelashes come out 'cause it felt glued to them. It still is totally something I'll use especially in the summer or for a day at the beach because it definitely stays in place.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...