Friday, February 3, 2012

Beauty Army ~ First Impressions

Hi, Lovelies! Those of you that follow me on Twitter know that I was intently waiting on my first ever Beauty Army kit! I am happy to tell you all, that my kit reported for duty yesterday and I was super exited to open it up and see everything I got!

For those of you that don't know, Beauty Army is one of the newest kids on the blocks when it comes to monthly sample subscription services. The thing that sets them apart from the others is that you get to choose your samples! You still take the profile quiz like the other companies, so it recommends things to you based on your answers, but the final choice is totally up to you! You can read more about them at their website.

I'm not gonna lie, part of the reason I went with Beauty Army was simply 'cause there's a wait list at Birchbox and MyGlam, so this was the easiest one to sign up for;)

After taking the survey and making my selections, I refused to log back into the site to see what I selected, I still wanted a little bit of mystery and surprise when my kit arrived;)

So I'm going to show you everything I got, then I'll share with you some of my initial thoughts and reactions:) (text in italics is the description from the site).

The outer box is pretty cool. When I'd seen pictures other girls had posted, I thought that it was Beauty Army tape around the box, but it's actually printed ON the box. 
 The outer box opens and the inner box appears!
 The inner box is a very fancy flip up style like pencil boxes I had in elementary school. It's covered with fun beauty words all over the top:)
 When the box opens, it has this pretty pink camo on the inside (for the "army" part;) and a welcome card!
 The navy tissue paper opens to a layer of pink tissue paper...
 Then everything is wrapped like Christmas presents!:)
The icy, iconic blingtone collection from myface cosmetics is the new Hollywood obsession and boasts a break-thru formula packed with crushed pearl, not gaudy, garish glitter.  This precious jewel and metallic coloured shadow is the perfect blend of pearl and pigment. Create a wicked wash of colour and dramatic, wet-looking shine.  Blingtone eyeshadows  glide smoothly on to the eye, and won’t drop or flake. Color: Purple Haze ($20)
This intensive LIFT & FIRM Eye Cream redefines eye area to visibly firm and reduce the appearance of crow’s feet, deep wrinkles, dark circles, puffiness and sagginess. This includes Cell Protection Protein to stimulate skincell regeneration and protect against harsh climatic elements, Aquafill to fill in wrinkles and lock in moisture, Glucosyl Hesperidin to increase circulation to reduce dark circles, Unirepair t-43 to protect and treat environmental aggressors, Niacinamide to increase microcirculaion to reduce dark circles, and MDI Complex to inhibit MMP breaking down skin's collagen. (the full size price of this is $95!!)
A silky cream with a gentle natural exfoliant that dissolves makeup quickly while it moisturizes and stimulates collagen growth. Our revolutionary cellular gold complex, made with 24K gold energizes the cells while the green tea extract is a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that leaves your skin smooth and radiant. ($45)
For reddened, inflammed or Rosacea-prone skin. Aloe vera, vitamin E and vitamin A join forces to neutralize the redness and flushing that result from vascular over-stimulation. Non-irritating microfine zinc oxide provides full spectrum sunscreen protection. ($48)
Aim North, not South! What women really love about Boob Tube is that the quality of their skin changes so quickly. Within a week, you will notice that the skin on your neck, your chest and your boobs looks firmer, fitter, glowing, more dewy and youthful. Daily use will maintain this beautiful skin and over the years you will be so pleased you took the time to befriend your bust.No crinkles or droop for you – no turtle necks or even turkey necks! You are so wise to daily dose with Boob Tube, feel free to thank us in 20 years. ($45)
Neo-Cell Micro-Resurfacing Skin Treatment uses natural enzymes and volcanic micro-minerals to gently resurface skin without irritation, revealing smoother, more radiant, and healthier-looking skin. Natural enzymes and volcanic-minerals work together to exfoliate surface skin cells without irritation. ($47.50)
Ta-da! And that is everything! The prices I listed above are what Beauty Army charges for the full size products of everything in my kit. Adding them all together totals: $300.50!!! And I only paid $12:) (and got small size:) But still! This is extremely expensive/high quality stuff that I would probably never buy on my own, so it's awesome I get to try it first.

Now, here's my one complaint. I feel like it took FOR-FREAKING-EVER to get here. When my payment was received and it was shipped out was super fast. Then I just waited. And waited. And waited some more. The tracking site they sent me wasn't updated very frequently, and I got more impatient as I saw such little progress being made. They say to give it 5-11 business days, and it took 9 business days to get to me. Which, I understand is well within the timeframe they gave, it was just too long for me! lol

To solve this problem, I would almost rather not get a tracking email and just be surprised when it gets here. Hahaha.

Overall though, I'm really excited to try everything! Especially that boob tube stuff. I'm highly intrigued to see if it works:)

So how about you? Have you tried Beauty Army yet? Will you? What monthly subscription service to you use?


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...