Sunday, February 5, 2012

Review: Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam Foundation

By now you've probably seen or at least heard about the Maybelline Dream Nude Air Foam foundation that came out! I'd first seen it advertised in a magazine and then read Kelly's review on it. She wasn't completely in love with it because it was such a light cover. This was the exact reason I was so willing to try it!

I am super thankful to have been blessed with mostly clear skin! Sure I get the occasional zit during certain times of the month, but that's about the way it's been ever since I was in my teens. I do suffer from dark circles under my eyes (booo), but that's probably more from the lack of sleep than from anything being wrong with my skin. Haha. But the point is, I don't need a whole lot of coverage, and honestly, I rarely even wear foundation. It's one of those things that I definitely use if I'm doing "going out" makeup because I like starting with a clear canvas; but every day makeup, I can hardly be bothered.

When I saw this stuff though, I was totally intrigued! It comes out in a mousse-y texture (sidenote did anyone else LOVE playing with foam in the bathtub when you were little?? I had Bathtime Fun Barbie who came with a whole can of foam and these little blue floaty things! OMG one of my favorite Barbies ever)
ANYWAY, needless to say I was excited about getting to play with foam again:) What I first noticed with this, is that when you shake it, it almost sounds like spray paint can because of the ball inside to mix it all up. When you press the button to spray it out, it comes out as a mousse or almost thin whipped cream consistency.
 After squirting the bubble on my hand, I use a triangle sponge to apply it to my face. During this process, the bubble kinda melts...
no flash


Then I blend it all in!
blended no flash

blended flash
So what do I think? There's a lot about it I really like. I love how light it is! I've been using it with primer, but it stays in place on my face for the whole day. I don't have to worry about it fading or melting away. It definitely creates a good canvas for the rest of my makeup. I also love that it has SPF in it! It's not a lot (16), but it's still something. This is fabulous because even though I know I'm supposed to wear sunscreen every day, I rarely do; so having the SPF in the foundation is a definite help for me!

It comes in 12 shades, so you're bound to find one close to your natural skin color. I used "150 Classic Ivory" which blends all right, but I'm so pale I'm wondering if the "110 Porcelain Ivory" would've worked better.

It is kinda messy to apply. It recommends to spray it on to your hand and apply from there, so I've been doing that. But if I don't remember to wash my hands right after applying, my hand is stained with foundation as well lol.

At $8ish, it's not the cheapest of products, but I'm pleased with the results, so I don't see it as a waste of money.

Have you tried this yet? How do you feel about foamy products?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...