Thursday, June 7, 2012

Review: Miss Jessie's Quick Curls

Hi Lovelies! I literally started this post a month ago and it's been sitting in my drafts this whole time! lol There were just so many other things I wanted to write about and share that this kind of got lost. But it's brought up now because I really want to share with you a product that I am absolutely in love with!

So, I have naturally wavy hair. And by wavy, I really mean I have hair-that-has-a-mind-of-its-own-and-sometimes-is-curly-and-sometimes-flips-and-sometimes-is-frizzy-but-is-all-around-crazy. See? It's easier to just say "wavy";)

For years and years I've been trying to get it to obey and do what I want it to do! I've used mousses; I've used gels; I've used sprays; I've used diffusers. You get the idea.

Sometimes, I like to have straight hair. There is something just so relaxing about the warmth of a flat iron being pulled through my hair. However, did I mention I have really thick hair too? For me to have straight hair it takes quite a load of time to blow dry my hair... then section it off... and straighten each section.. to have it perfect. I put in a LOT of work when I have straight hair. Do you think anyone really notices, "OMG Kristen, how pretty is your straight hair???"

No. So, the next day, I'm running super late. I get out of the shower scrunch in some of my amazing miracle product, leave the house with wet hair, get to work, and suddenly people I don't even know are like, "You hair looks so great!"

Really people? Really? Do you know how little time I spent doing this?? And THIS is what you like?


at the end of the day so a little flat, but you can see the curls!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I've found a MIRACLE product.



Miss Jessie's Quick Curls came to me in a Birchbox a few months ago. It's made more for ethnic hair, but it says, "Excellent for this and more: curly, wavy, & relaxed textures including white gals too!" Yay:)

What it claims:
ITS HERE! Quick Curls weightless spiraling crème was formulated as a fast acting no fuss light weight styler that gives you the results you want fast. This fresh scented conditioning formula exclusively blended with essence of ginger flower and lime fruit activates a quick, light weight, frizz free smooth curl. Excellent for fingerstyling relaxed hair; no rods necessary, a rescue remedy for botched overprocessed texturizers, and great for our beautiful white gals. Instructions for use: Apply to damp hair based on length and density. Air dry or diffuse dry. Enjoy! THIS PRODUCT IS NOT CHEMICALLY ALTERING
The directions say to use a tablespoon to damp sections of hair and dry naturally or with a diffuser for more volume. My favorite part (and I didn't know, but makes sense) is: "Damp curly hair is in its most frizz free elongated state.  You can actually 'capture' this optimal texture as long as you apply product to damp hair." It's true! My frizz hasn't been as substantial!:)

I can't even tell you how much I absolutely adore it! It is not a gel or a mousse, but a creme! I'm not crazy about the smell, but I can get past that because it's just so fantastic! My hair gets actual literal CURLS when I use it. It's not heavy, it doesn't make my hair crunch, like I can go on and on about how simply amazing it is.

The full 8 ounce size retails for about $32. It has 4 stars at Target and about 4.5 on Amazon with some mixed reviews... I think this is because everyone's hair is different. So just because it's awesome with mine doesn't necessarily mean it will be perfect for you too. $32 is a bit more than I'm used to paying for a product like this, but because I continue to get compliments every time I use it in my hair (and oh, p.s. did I tell you how freaking easy it is to do???), I'll probably buy it! Especially now in the summer, don't want to use too much heat on my hair and completely fry it; so the more I can go au natural (or somewhat close to it;) I will!

How about you? Have you tried any of the Miss Jessie's products? What did you think? What is your favorite product for curly or wavy hair?
P.S. With all the recent hooplah about Urban Decay and the animal rights issue, I'd like you to know that Miss Jessie's doesn't do animal testing:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...