Friday, November 30, 2012

Flashback Friday: Towels--A Thing of the Past

Hi Lovelies! If you're like me, and you have any amount of hair on your head, you are probably used to having the gigantic towel wrapped up like a turban on top of your head! Which of course does it stay there? No, it's top heavy and will start tilting anytime you try to do anything... lotion on your legs? It falls forward. Doing your makeup? It tips to the side. It's heavy and even after you take the towel down, your hair is still wet.

That my friends, is a thing of the past. Several months ago, I discovered the most genius thing EVER!! The Turbie Twist! I'm sure by now most of you have heard of it (and probably have some of your own), but I'm positive I could never go on without it! If you haven't heard of it, I'll tell you it's a microfiber cloth shaped like your head--so that you tip your head upside down, put the rounded part on the back of your scalp, wrap up your hair, and tuck it in the elastic holder on the back. Voila! No more towel weighing down and shifting on your head!
They are also pretty cheap and you can get them at many stores nationwide (my first was from Walmart. My two patterned ones I got 2/$10 at CVS)
Yes, I even tried a generic one from the Dollar Tree... you'll see it is no longer in my collection because honestly it just didn't work.:( I am all for a bargain, and I honestly believe that a lot of times generic brand items are just as good or at least comparable. Not for this, my friends. It didn't fit my head right, I don't think it was real microfiber. It was just awful. I threw it away.

So! Just when you thought it coudln't get any better! The Turbie people came up with a towel!!
What a genius idea!! Just when you thought it couldn't get any better! So now you can towel dry your hair with the towel before wrapping it up in the Turbie Twist! I just got this so haven't gotten a chance to completely review it yet! But, so far I adore it (of course;) I'll keep you posted as I use it in the near future!:)
this is only half open! it's twice this size!
Do you have a Turbie Twist? Have you tried the Turbie towel yet?:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...