Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Holiday Sparkle Polish

A few days ago, I'd posted a pic on Twitter and asked everyone to guess what color this was:
I'll give you a few moments to think about it and make your guess....

(insert Jeopardy music here...)

Did you guess OPI Excuse Moi?

If you did, you would be wrong. It's actually OPI A Sparkle Yule Love!
A Sparkle Yule Love was from Ulta's 2011 OPI holiday exclusive "Deck Your Nails" collection. It's an absolutely gorgeous red jelly with other multi-colored glitter throughout it. It takes a couple coats for full opacity, but that's to be expected of most glitter jelly polishes. I was very pleased that it's not nearly as rough/gritty as some other similar polishes I've used.

Now, I don't have OPI Excuse Moi (my Ulta seems to have been out of ALL the Muppets collection for almost as long as the polishes have been out!), but from looking at pictures online this is pretty much a complete dupe.

I don't fault OPI for selling the same polish under another name since it was sold each in exclusive sets. Plus, it's almost like I got one from the Muppets collection even though it's not labeled that way;) 
Three coats; outside light
Jen at The PolishAholic was gracious enough to let me use her picture of Excuse Moi to compare to mine, it came from her blog post when she reviewed the Muppets polishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...