Thursday, December 22, 2011

nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream--Review

Can you believe it's just a few days 'til Christmas! I can hardly believe it myself! Especially since here in Florida it was like 80 degrees today. Granted, it was an absolutely beautiful day; it just doesn't FEEL like Christmas to me! This is the first year I'll be away from my family for the holidays; and while I'm kinda excited about not dealing with family stress/drama, it's still kinda sad to not even see them. But, I got the box my dad sent yesterday and there are plenty of presents under the tree now! I'm super excited that even though I'm nearly 900+ miles away, my mom and dad were sweet enough to send fully wrapped presents so I have something to open!:) More on that later!

Today is lips or eyes day, and I was reallllyyyy close to doing a review on a HardCandy mascara, but I wanted to discuss my nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams instead. I know I've mentioned these in passing, but haven't done a full review on them. I stumbled upon a new-ish blog today Helen Rambles On and she had a post about Collection 2000 Cream Puffs... I have never ever heard of these before.. a little research led me to believe it may be only in the UK (some places may have international shipping). When I saw her pix and swatches though, I just thought, OMG those are exactly like the nyx ones! (which she alluded to also in her post). So, while I'm not able to do a completel comparison for you now (since I don't have the Collection 2000 ones:) I wanted to at least do a quick review on my nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream.

I first saw these advertised several months back in a magazine and the advertisement is so catchy! "It's not a lipstick, nor is it gloss. It's like nothing you've experienced before. It's lipstick cream that goes on silky but looks soft matte." How could I pass up trying something like that?! Not to mention it's only $6!

I now own three of them: Milan, Addis Ababa, and London. They come in a regular lip gloss tube with the typical lip gloss applicator. Completely true to their word, they go on like a gloss and really do look like a lipstick. Since it's matte, there's no glossy/sparkly/fancy look to it at all. The lasting power is aaaaamazing. And they don't dry out my lips. Now, I prefer to put a lip balm on first, just because I want to take every precaution that the color doesn't crease into my lips and look crumbly later.

Milan was the first I got and it is a very soft pink color. It's a hard pink to describe though... not really coral.. but almost a fuller pink color, if that makes sense. It's soft and works well with darker eyes because it won't take a way from a dramatic eye look.

Unlike Addis Ababa which pretty much steals the show. I love how bright magenta pink it was in the tube and I just had to have it. It is bright though. When I first put it on my lips I was like, ohhh nooo, I can*not* where this in public. It is just TOO much. I've become a little more brave with it, and when I really want the attention to be on my lips, it works really well (with like a neutral or very light pearly pink shadow).

London is a creamy light brown--almost the color of a latte or milk hot chocolate. That's pretty much how it looks on my lips too! Almost like my lips were kissed by a Hershey's chocolate bar lol. It's a very neutral color that would probably work on anyone whether they have warm or cool skintones.

I love all of them! (in case I hadn't mentioned that already;) they aren't heavy; they aren't sheer; they're just the perfect amount of color. No scent, no flavor; just straight up creamy color. They're pretty much the *only* lipstick I use right now. (and technically they're not even a lipstick haha)

They can be bought online or at Ulta and possibly other select beauty sellers.

Have you tried them? Are you able to try the Collection 2000 Cream Puffs? Are they dupes? Or just a little similar? Let me know what you think!

xoxo,

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, I'm going to Ulta!

    You almost had cry tears of joy about your Christmas gifts! No bueno! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Nyx products are going to be BOGO in January, so you might want to hold out before picking up a couple;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...