Monday, January 23, 2012

Dry Shampoo: Thoughts and Reviews

Hey Lovelies! I have something exciting to share with you tonight! So a few weeks ago on my Wednesday Q&A days, Minnie asked if I could review a dry shampoo. Now let me tell you, I was trying to use "dry shampoo" before it was actually an "in" thing to do. (This was back in the late 90s, early 2000s and it was called "baby powder" lol) The concept was the same... sprinkle/spray something on your hair that dries up the oil and grease so you can get away with day (or two.. or three, I won't judge;) old dirty hair.

from Suave Website
Now, I just got the cheap Suave brand at Walmart for about $3. I've had it for almost three weeks now, and have used it sporadically throughout the time. It's super simple to use! Shake the can, hold 8-10 inches away from head, and spray at the root/hairline where needed. It says to press hands on head if there's a white residue (you can also comb through it).

This is also a great product if you're sweaty from the gym and don't have time to shower before you have to run errands or something. A little spray and you're good as new!

I LOVE the smell of this. It smells citrus'y to me and very fresh! So the hair looks AND smells clean!

I did overdue it one day and it looked like I'd dyed my hair white! lol. But I was able to just rub it right in.

Overall, for the price, smell, convenience, and overall results achieved from this, I would definitely recommned the product. (sidenote, when I was younger, Suave was like THE ONLY product my mom would buy because it was so cheap. But it also was CHEAP in quality [personal opinion]. I believe it has come so far in the past 10 or so years that it is just as good as a lot of the more expensive brands).

Now! Here is the exciting part of the post! DivaMommyTweets of Mommy in the Making was kind enough to share with me her thoughts on the Victoria's Secret Dry Shampoo:

from VS website
So Sexy Style Clean & Go Dry Shampoo
Affordable at $14…smells like most things VS, sweet and girly.
Unlike others it doesn't leave a foggy haze after spraying it. It sprays pretty evenly so no need to focus just on greasy spots. I usually spray in two side parts and brush it through…again doesn't leave hair greasy if you over spray. Its light enough to leave hair stylable. Depending on how much you spray and how often you use it will obviously determine how long the bottle lasts. I use it about twice a week, not ubber-generous, and it lasts me ~3 months. One draw back, some bottle's sprayers break off so you're left with a full can…check the sprayer before you buy! Some VS are really nice if you bring back a light-use bottle and let you exchange for a new one if the sprayer breaks off.


Thanks so much, Diva! 

Now how about you? Have you tried a dry shampoo? What kind? What did you think?



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...