Monday, January 16, 2012

The Magical Weekend: Princessess, Tea Cups, and Boys--oh my:)

Hello, lovelies! I apologize for neglecting the blog this past weekend, but I was having one of the best weekends I'd had in a long time! I know it's Monday, and I'm still gonna write a hair post, but I wanted to at least share with you a little all the fun I had!

As I mentioned last week, I was going to be hanging out with a friend I hadn't seen in a while on Friday. It was so great to spend time with her. We started just hanging out at her house, and it was like we hadn't even missed the past six months of each other's lives. We totally picked up right where we left off and things just felt right... and comfortable. Also, since she has a minor obsession with belts and shoes, I've asked her if she'd write a guest post for me sometime.;) The rest of the night is such a blur and I have a hard time remembering all the details, but I do know that it was a fabulous evening and I had a lot of fun!:)

Then one of my best best BFF's from DC was in town. We've been friends for nearly six years now, but I hadn't seen him since before I moved down to FL over a year ago. Saturday night we went to see "Beauty and the Beast 3D"! OMG. It was so beautiful. So amazing. So perfect. While I didn't think there was a whole lot of 3-Dish stuff, the colors and how it looked was just simply magnificient. I left the theater wanting a happily ever after kind of story with a man who has a huge ballroom and a huge library for all my books:) Oh, Disney, how you've clouded my view of reality with impossible expectations. *sigh*


On Sunday, we went to Disneyworld with some of his friends from both DC and FL. It was spectacular!! I had been to Disney parks before, but never Epcot and Magic Kingdom (where we went.) It was a simply magical day!! We were there from 9:30am-2:00am and I had more fun that I ever could have imagined. I think a lot of it had to do with the company. I have come to the realization that perhaps the solution to my friendship problems is that I need to be friends with gay boys! They love the same things I do (fashion, beauty products, boys, musicals, etc.) and they aren't catty/backstabbing/mean like lots of girls are. There's no need to compete with them or be jealous of them (which I see in A LOT of girl friendships). It's just so much simpler. And they are so fabulous! A new new year's resolution is to make more friend with gay boys:) lol.

Today we hit up the outlets and I found Konad stamping polish at a little Kiosk!! Sooooo super excited!! You may remember I got my stamping stuff last fall from Amazon and only started with one polish to see how it worked and if I liked it. I'm so glad I found a place I can buy it from directly! (I'm planning to post more about this tomorrow!)

So now it's home to try to recover from the whirlwind of the past four days and head back to work far too early in the morning lol.


How was your weekend? Did you get the holiday off today? Any thoughts on girl friends versus boy friends?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...