Saturday, April 14, 2012

Don't try this at home...

Hi Lovelies! So I made a rather shocking (and disturbing!) discovery the other night. I want to start this with a disclaimer that I cannot scientifically explain or prove for sure what happened, but I want you to know what happened in case it could happen to someone else.

I've been using Hard Candy's Take It Off makeup remover wipes for about two weeks now. It's a pack of 25, and I was planning to use the whole pack before writing my review. (so far, I've really liked them; though find they are not as soft and moisturizing as the ones from Neutrogena).

Last weekend, I picked up some of Jergen's Natural Glow lotion and grabbed the facial moisturizer as well (so my face wouldn't be more pale than the rest of my body! lol). I'd been using it in the morning prior to putting on my makeup (it has SPF too! yay!;)

So, on Wednesday night, when I used the products together, I had no inkling that anything bad might happen...
I'd had a fabulous time out with my friend from college, Tabitha (so great to catch up!). We'd had a lovely dinner of sushi and a few drinks followed by a slice of cheesecake. When I got home, I used my Take it Off wipes and decided to put my Jergen's moisturizer on instead of my One Love waterless balm (which, p.s. I am STILL ABSOLUTELY LOVING!!). No big deal until several minutes passed... my face felt like it was on FIRE!!!!

I'm not talking Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, I'm talking like O M G my face is about to burn itself off like with a sun burn times a million!!!!

I posted on Twitter that my face was burning off (have I mentioned I have some drama queen tendencies??) and some of the sweetest girls came to my assistance with questions, advice, and support (April, Jennifer, Amy Lynn, Silvana, Daanielle,THANK YOU SO MUCH!) They thought it could be food allergies, rosacea, something. It could have been.

I washed my face with my regular cleanser and put on some aloe... ohhh that made it feel so much better!

The next night, I decided to try it again. I couldn't very well claim the products were to blame if I didn't try it again. So, I did.

This time, after removing my makeup, I only put some moisturizer on my right cheek.... no pain.. so I put some on my left cheek... no pain... I was starting to think maybe it was a freak accident and I had imagined it all, so I coated my whole face in the moisturizer...

and....it.....happened.....again!!!

My face started burning just like it had the night before! Now, it's been a lonnnng time since I was in chemistry class, so I can't say for sure it was a chemical reaction on my face (but that's what I imagine it was!!!). And maybe it was an allergic reaction, but used independently, the products don't irritate me at all!

Now, I could repeat this again and again to see if it always happens, and I'm all for "researching" stuff for you, my loyal readers; but the truth is, if this is for real some kind of dangerous thing, I'm not going to put my face through that.

Hard Candy Take It Off Ingredients: water, propylene glycol, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, fragrance, benzethonium chloride
Jergens Natural Glow Daily Facial Moisturizer:
Active Ingredient(s): OCTINOXATE 6.0%, OXYBENZONE 2.0%.
Other Ingredients:
WATER, DIHYDROXY ACETONE, GLYCERIN, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, GLYCERYL STEARATE, POLYACRYLAMIDE, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-100 STEARATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, STEARETH-2, CETYL ALCOHOL, XANTHAN GUM, LAURETH-7, CITRIC ACID, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DMDM HYDANTOIN, FRAGRANCE, CARAMEL, ERYTHRULOSE.

I just wanted to warn you all!! Please be careful mixing products together!!

Have you ever had a problem like this? Any bizarre reactions mixing products?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...