Monday, April 9, 2012

April Beauty Army and First Impressions

Hey Lovelies! Another month and another Beauty Army kit! I'm starting to think they just keep getting better and better! And they've been getting here faster! LOL Or maybe it just seemed faster because I completely avoided reading any of the tracking information so I'd be surprised when it got here!:)

I opened it up, and the first thing that I noticed that was different this time was that not every item was individually wrapped! Just a folded sheet of pink tissue paper over top of everything... Beauty Army cutting costs and not paying someone to wrap everything? Or did my kit just get through quality control and someone forgot to do it? hahaha.

So without further ado! Here is what I got this month with some of my first impressions!
the pink tissue paper just folded in:( lol

everything in the kit when I removed the tissue paper!:)
First item, packaged almost like a mini-tampon, lol is the Aquolina Pink Sugar Eau de Toilette. They made it almost childproof to get in to! Hahah. Once I opened the plastic, it's just a little vial of perfume. This stuff smells soooo yummy! It's not too strong or potent, just sweet and feminine! LOL I'm writing my thoughts and I realize it's pretty much what's in the description:

Two drops of perfume and the world is tinted pink. Pink is the color of femininity, sweetness and passion. Pink is the color of emotions, of sensuality and indulgent innocence. Pink Sugar is a cloud of sweetness that lasts long on the skin.

A unique olfactory experience interlacing fantasy and reality. The encounter of femininity and inner childhood. The earliest memories in life are also the most addictive. Nostalgia of cotton candy tinted with gourmand raspberry, tickled by the greenness of fig leaf, and lifted by the citrus notes of bergamot and Sicilian orange.

Product Size: 1.7 fl oz
($45)
This is my second Indie Lee product and this is fabulous!!! It smells sweet with just a hint of tartness that gives it a little kick! The scrub seems really rough when you start, but as you work it into your skin (and it gets off all the dead skin) it starts smoothing out! I've only used this a couple times so far, but I am definitely a fan!
 
Indie formulated this all natural scrub, to deliver a daily dose of pampered, sexy skin. The essential oils create a calming, light, lemon scent to start or end your day.

Product Size: 12 fl oz
($38)
I had seen some other girls get this in the kits in previous months, so I was very excited when it was one of my choices! It really smells like bananas!!!! Kind of a cross between artificial banana (like a yellow Popsicle) and real bananas. It reminds me of a banana pudding or banana cream pie! Omg, I'm getting hungry just typing about it lol. Anyway, this stuff is super thick and super creamy. A thicker version of a Body Shop body butter! Almost like... cream cheese. That kind of consistency. I've used this a couple times on rough parts of my body (on my feet after a pedicure at home) and it is definitely moisturizing and softening. I'm almost positive I'll have this done before I get to choose my next samples! It's pretty fab!:)
 

Bananas and baobabs, oh my! Need that fresh from the jungle feeling? Well, you've got it. This luxurious, pampering cream will give you super soft skin all day long with a combination of 30% organic shea butter and African baobab oil. But that's not all. The all-natural banana extract in this baby will make you want to pull out a spoon and dig in.

African baobab oil is cold pressed for Shea Terra Organics in West Africa. Many of the amazing upside down trees are over 3000 years old. The oil is highly emollient and rich in omegas.

How to Use: Dig in and spread all over. Jump all over like a monkey in a baobab tree.

Product Size: 9 oz
($18)
I really don't have a lot to say about this product yet. But I will soon!:)
 
Strengthens hair, making it over 2x more resistant to breakage*
Protects against color fade by 94%**

Keratin Peptide Complex™:
• Bio-Mimetic Peptides
• Keratin Amino Acids
•Jojoba Oil
• Aloe Extract

*vs. untreated control group
**week following color service
($34.50)
I absolutely adored my BABOR sample last month (the Argan Cream! Like silk on my face!) and was looking forward to trying more of their products this month. I haven't tried this yet, but I will:)
 
BABOR CLEANSING is the first step to beautiful skin. BABOR has combined the natural cleansing power of oil and water to create a unique signature bi-phase cleansing system that ensures mild but thorough deep-cleansing. This gentle hydrophilic (water loving) cleansing oil is formulated with pure herbal ingredients, is free from preservatives and is suitable for all skin types. It is used in combination with a skin-specific Phytoactive cleansing fluid (sold separately).

Benefits: A gentle, water soluble cleansing oil that leaves no oily residue on skin. Must be applied with the skin specific phytoactive. Great for all water and oil soluble make up.

Application: Massage 3 pumps of HY-OL onto the skin. Immediately apply 2 pumps of Phytoactive on top and massage together. Add water, massage and rinse off. A wash cloth may be used, if desired, for the ultimate cleansing experience.

Product Size: 6.8 fl oz
($32)


LOL I took this picture next to a quarter just to give you a visual of the size of this last product. And the container really only has a little spot of product in it! (but, this is only like a .1 oz sample or something so what do you expect?) The whole concept of this intrigues me. It's like a concealer but thicker? or something. I'm a little nervous thought because it comes in "medium" and I am definitely "fair"... but we shall see!
 
Have a Boo-Boo? Skip the bandage and the shiny ointment. Look your best even while you heal with Boo-Boo Cover-Up. The innovative formula offers great coverage for skin imperfections while containing ingredients known in nature to promote healing.

Directions: Dot and blend a small amount over minor skin imperfections. A little goes a looooong way! Shake if needed. Apply twice a day for 6-8 weeks. Not intended for use on open wounds.

Shade: Medium 


Product Size: 0.5 fl oz. ($20.85)

Total Value of full size products: $188.35
Amount I spent: $12

And that, ladies and gentlemen, concludes this month's First Impressions of my Beauty Army Kit!:) Have you tried any of these products? Ones you love or loathe?

Also, Beauty Army has wait-listed a lot of people, but I think they are now opening new memberships! So get in while you can! Or at least on a wait list! I promise you it's a $12 a month well spent!:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...