Sunday, April 8, 2012

Nail Challenge Week 15: Easter Day Mani

Happy Easter, Lovelies! I hope you all are having a fabulous day celebrating with friends and family! This week's nail challenge is Easter Day. Obviously the first thing that comes to mind with Easter is bunnies and eggs; flowers and crosses; and pretty pastel colors!

Instead of using all pastels (I know a lot of girls used yellow and minty green), I stuck with just pink, purple, and blue. I wanted to keep it simple; so I did it in the same order on both hands... purple, pink blue, purple, pink, blue, etc.

 I used Essie "fiji," Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear "Lacy Lilac" (my favorite polish!), and Color Club "Hydrangea Kiss."
I was going to leave my nails just like that. I liked the simplicity of it. But it seemed too boring to blog about, so I added a little nail art using both my Sally Hansen Art Pens and my Migi Nail Art Pens.
I started by using the Sally Hansen pens just to do some little zigzag marks and dots on my nails--kinda like decorating Easter eggs. Then I decided to do a little something more on each middle finger as an accent nail and put tiny flowers using the Migi pens.

This is how it turned out:



I think they turned out pretty well; and in the end I almost wished I'd done flowers on all of them! But, I'm sure I'll get around to that in another nail challenge;)

What do you think? How did you do your nails for Easter? Have you tried the Sally Hansen and the Migi Nail Art pens? Do you have a favorite? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...