Friday, April 6, 2012

Review: One Love Organics Skin Savior Waterless Beauty Balm

I am in love, and I have to thank Birchbox for this new found relationship. In my March Birchbox I got this Waterless Beauty Balm--which I'd never even heard of before. It promised to cleanse, moisture, and condition all from one little organic, cruelty-free product! How could so much wonderful be found in such a little jar!

When you unscrew the top and actually see the product, it looks kind of like a waxy Vaseline--kinda hard, kinda shiny. It smells amazing! It's very citrus-y, almost like fresh-squeezed orange juice. And the feel? It is absolutely divine! It's light, soft, and not the least bit greasy!

I haven't used it to "cleanse" yet, so I can't give you an honest review of that part, but as for the moisturizing and conditioning? A-Maz-Ing! After I wash my face in the morning, I put this stuff all over before any of my makeup. It not only moisturizes (and doesn't clog my pores) it also leaves a good healthy glow all over my face! I can't think of any other way to describe it... it's not really shiny or shimmery, it just glows. Even after putting makeup over it, I swear there is still a healthy glow on my face.

Since I got the .5 oz sample size from Birchbox, there wasn't a lot of info on the jar. I went to the One Love Organics website to see if I could learn more. Aside from it being "waterless" I had no idea what all went into it to make it so wonderful!

I learned that the full size (3.5 oz) container costs $68! A bit on the pricey side, but honestly a little really does go a long way, and I'm sure it would last for a very long time. So quite possibly worth that price! Here are the ingredients:

Organic Cocos nucifera (Virgin Coconut) Oil, Organic Glycine Soja (Sweet Soy) seed oil, Organic Beeswax, Mangifera indica (Mango) seed butter, Salvia Hispanica (Chia) Seed Extract, Avena sativa (Oat) Extract, Citrus aurantium dulcis (Orange) peel wax, Organic Vanilla planifolia fruit extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E)

All super healthy stuff!! 

I honestly cannot stop gushing about how much I love this balm... have you tried it yet? Have you tried any products similar to it?  Would you pay the $68 for 3.5 oz of something you loved?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...