Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Guest Post: Aly's Top 11 Makeup Products

Helllooooo Lovelies!! As you saw earlier this week, I was a featured blogger interview for Aly's blog! In exchange, I asked Aly if she would like to have a guest post on my blog! She ever so kindly accepted and has provided an awesome post for today! She's going to share some of her favorite things (which I would bet some of these things would be on all of our lists too;)


So enjoy Aly's post, check out her blog, and I have something new and exciting to share with you all tomorrow!!!


xoxo, Kristen

Hi! My name is Aly! I have my own beauty blog- Wonderland Beauty- where I post reviews, hauls, nail art, and really anything beauty related. I am so honored to be doing a guest post on Kristen's blog. I've been following her for several months, and I absolutely love her blog. I would love for you all to come stop by my blog and say hey! This post will be my top 11 makeup products. This was really hard, since I have waaaaay to much makeup for the normal person, but in the end, no matter how much makeup you have, you will always have a few stand-out products. These are mine....


*These are in no particular order at all!**
 
1) MAC Paint Pots in Bare Study, Rubenesque, and Painterly
These are great because they can be used as eyeshadows or bases. The colors are really pigmented and really unique colors. They go on really smoothly and apply great using just a finger, not a fancy brush. You get a ton of product, and it only takes a little bit to cover your lids. They also come in handy to use under other eyeshadows to make them more vibrant and last longer.
 
2) Wet n Wild MegaProtein Mascara in Black
I was a bit of a skeptic when I first bought this, unsure if it would really perform well or not. But, the brush is great to really make my lashes a longer and thick looking. I also like that it has proteins in it because alot of mascaras are really drying to your lashes, and this one isn't. It goes on really easily as well, not clumpy at all.
 
3) Benefit High Beam
This is my go-to highlighter for my cheekbones. It's a light, pearly pink color with a light shimmer. You only need a tiny dab to add the perfect glowy effect to your cheekbones. It doesn't make my skin oily like I thought it would at all. It's a great thing to have for dewy, glowy skin.
 
4) MAC Viva Glam Ricky Lip Conditioner
This is an amaaaaazing lip balm! It glides on so super smoothly, a bit thick, but not too thick at all. It feels good on my lips, natural and not sticky or tacky at all. It smells like creamy vanilla, my favorite scent! The best thing is that it leaves my lips feeling super smooth and it stays on for HOURS.
 
5) Maybelline Master Drama  Eyeliner in Midnight Master
I've tried high end eyeliners, POP, Smashbox, Tarte, and so, so many more and they just don't work like this one does at all. It's so pigmented, one line is ALL  you could ever need for the deepest black possible. It's smooth and creamy, and stays on all day. It even stays on long on my waterlines, which is unusual.
 
6) MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Medium
I've always used drugstore powders, since they are cheap and I run out of them so fast. But they never performed too great, always leaving my skin slightly oily by mid-day. I splurged on  this power, wanting it to be great, and it did not disappoint at all! It goes on nicely with the use of a kabuki brush, it leaves my skin matte all day, and their is a TON in this compact!
 
7) Urban Decay Primer Potion
This is an essential for me, I use it pretty much everyday. It leaves my eyelids nice and smooth, and ready for eyeshadow. This primer keeps eyeshadow on all day, as well as being much more vibrant. I love that it comes in a squeeze tube, alot better than the old weird, bottle shapes they used to come in.
 
8) MAC Lipsticks in Speed Dial and Lovelorn
 I was hesitant to ever try a MAC lipstick, for fear of it not being any better than the drugstore lipsticks I always used. But when I picked up these 2, I knew I had nothing to worry about. The colors are so unique, so much better than most of the ones in the drugstore. They apply so smoothly and creamy,  and don't transfer onto my teeth. ( I have a bad habit of getting lipstick on my teeth at embarrassing times:)
 
9) Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows in Bad to the Bronze, Pomegranate Punk, and Tough As Taupe
They are great because they are like the more inexpensive alternative to MAC paint pots. The color are really pretty and unique, they stay on all day, don't need primer, and you get alot of product for your money. The texture is  a bit tacky, and very creamy, making them stay on aaaaall day.
 
10) Urban Decay Naked and Naked2 Palette
Long story short- these are the best palettes out there. They are creamy and smooth, richly pigmented, vibrant, and super easy to apply. The word neutral may make you think of boring browns, but I promise these palettes are soo much more than that! The packaging of both palettes is great, looks nice, and is always easy to open.
 
11) Garnier BB Cream in Light Medium
This is pretty much the best liquid face product out there for me. Better than foundation or tinted moisture, it's just so good! It goes on smoothly and sinks right into my skin nicely. It's creamy and thick, but blendable and leaves my skin not oily at all, with a bit of powder on top!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...