Monday, June 11, 2012

June Birchbox = happiness:)

Hi Lovelies! My goodness, it feels like it's been forever since I've blogged! This weekend was pretty busy, but in a good way! It rained allllll last week (welcome to hurricane season, Florida!) but the clouds finally cleared over the weekend and I even got some time at the beach! Yay!

So, today I got my June Birchbox in the mail. For a while Birchbox was very hit or miss... one month was awesome, the next month would be like.. Um, really, Birchbox?? Did you not check my beauty profile?? And every month I say, "I'll give them one more month and then decide if I'll cancel or not."

Birchbox may have won me over this month... Like I am SUPER excited about everything in my box. EVERYTHING. This is surprising to me, 'cause I'm not sure I've ever liked every little thing they send me. Last month's Gossip Girl box was really good, too. And dare I say this... I think Birchbox might've even been better than Beauty Army this month (gasp). I know, I know. I LOVE Beauty Army. I love their brands; I love their customer service; love their social media activity; love it all! I really do! But the past few months, my choices have been kinda crappy (my fault? perhaps, but I retook my beauty profile again last month...) and this month when I got my box it was just kinda like.. eh... whatever. I didn't even take pictures. I did get a full size NYX mascara which I'm pretty psyched about. (do people even use the word "psyched" anymore? lol well, I guess I just did;)

So, enough rambling! Here is my June Birchbox!
Comodynes Self-Tanning Intensive
Who needs the sun when you can get a safe, buildable, and natural-looking tan with these bestselling European towelettes? Pack of 8, $14.99
Okay, I'm a little nervous about trying these, 'cause I really don't know what color they'll turn me (I may live in Florida, but I practice safe-sun and am very fair skinned... think Snow White... that is the color of my skin right now... lol) But I'm curious to try them and see how they work compared to fake tan lotions, sprays, and creams!

Eyeko Fat Eye Stick
A Birchbox exclusive, this UK brand's too-cool shadow stick combines creamy color and long-lasting wear. Full-size, $15
I'm a little sensitive to things called "fat" lol, but this looks pretty cool! It works as an eyeshadow and liner! I'm definitely gonna do a post just on this after I use it for a while:)


Likewise Facial Moisturizer + Sun Protectant SPF 50 Normal to Oily
Get sun savvy with this zinc-infused cream. It acts like a hydrating toner to mattify skin while deflecting UV rays. Full-size, $44
Yay sun protector!! As I previously stated, I'm fair and nearly all the sunscreen I use is 50+ SPF, so this will definitely be great to throw in my beach bag.. or really even use under my makeup on a regular day!

theBalm cosmetics Stainiac in Beauty Queen
We're crazy about this two-in-one lip and cheek stain: the sheer gel formula delivers a subtle, long-wearing flush. Full-size $17
I'm definitely a little nervous about this...lol. It's kind of the color of fake blood (you know the kind that's out around Halloween time for costumes?) and the fact the word "stain" is in its name, I'm also afraid I'm going to have big red clown like splotches on my cheeks... but we will see!:)

tili Bag
Breeze through airport security with these too-cute plastic bags. They're perfectly sized for storing all your travel essentials (and beauty samples). Pack of 9-12, $8.49-$9.49
This is absolutely adorable! Even if not traveling, you can use it to store little stuff in the bathroom, in your purse, in your makeup case, etc. I LOVE it.


John Varvatos Star USA
In honor of Father's Day, we've included this dapper cologne, a blend of ginger, juniper, berris, and velvet. Pass it on to a lucky guy friend or family member. Full-size, $55-70
I kinda want to send this to my dad, but will it seem cheap if I give him a sample for Father's Day? (along with other stuff, of course! lol:)

Also included was a $25 off my first purchase at Artspace which sells "the world's best art. insider prices" (good to know!)

And there you have it! I'm wondering if I'm more excited about everything this month because I got my box before seeing what others got? Sometimes I'll see something someone got and when it's not in my box I feel letdown. :( lol.

Anyway, if you've ever wanted to try Birchbox, you totally should! You can click here and for $10 a month you can get fabulous surprises sent to you! Cancel at anytime:)

What's in your box this month? Who's your favorite subscription service right now?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...