Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Nail Challenge Week 26: Neon Nails

Hi Lovelies! Another week and another challenge! Can you believe we're already halfway through the year?? (and TWO MONTHS from today it will be MY BIRTHDAY!!!! Yaaay!! Mark your calendars;)

Anyway, this week's challenge was Neon Nails. I found this funny because the challenge was written at the end of last year, and did people really know then that Neon was going to be sooo big this year?? I didn't do anything fancy, I just used Color Club Jackie-Oh that I got in my Birchbox a few months ago.
Ta-da! It's a really pretty pink; very bright... lol to the point where I'm almost distracted when I see my nails moving as my fingers tap tap tap against the keyboard;)

So since there's not a whole lot to show you, I wanted to share you some info I'd read about neon polish a month or so ago.

Are you sitting down? This may come as a surprise to you, so I want to let you down easily...

Neon polish is illegal in the United States.

Yep, you read that right. But let me explain a little further because it may not be what you think it is. See, it's not illegal to use/wear neon polish, what is illegal is the production of neon polish. Apparently the neon color is determined by the chemical composition, and the chemical composition needed to make *real* neon has not been approved by the FDA. Companies can put in a request to be able to do it, but it would be very costly, causing most companies to just make very bright colors that look neon-ish but are not completely neon...

Does it make sense?

Bottom line, if you have a "neon" polish and it was manufactured in the US? Probably not *real* neon. It can really only be a *real* neon if it was imported or is a foreign polish.

You can read more about it here or just Google "neon polish illegal in US" and you'll get all the info you could ever want ;)

How do you feel about neon polish? Are you okay if it's not *really* neon??:)




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...