Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Vintage Makeup Storage

Hi Lovelies! I'm not sure if I've shared how much I absolutely adore finding a good bargain at yard sales and flea markets--especially if it's something old and fabulous. (So yes, I'm also a HUGE fan of Antiqueing;)

Over the summer, I hit the jackpot at this little flea market that was being held at some church--a church full of old people and old stuff! FOR SUPER CHEAP! It was like a dream come true! I picked up a few little knick knacks, but the best was finding an old Samsonite Train Case:
This isn't the exact pic of mine, but it's very similar.
It was in mostly great condition! It needed a little cleaning up on the outside and smelled a little funny on the inside, but other than that it was simply amazing! It even still had the set of keys to lock it!

So, you may be wondering what the heck I'm doing with something like this? Well, what else? It's makeup storage! When you open the top, it has mirror in the lid (not broken or anything) and a removable tray. In the top tray I have small products--lip glosses, lip sticks, etc. and in the bottom it's just wide open so I threw in eye shadows, liners, blushes, etc. Okay, it's not *super* organized, but this is the perfect solution for those of us who have a LOT of makeup that we don't use all the time. If you switch up colors/products per season, you can store the non-usable ones in a case like this--still easy to get to if needed, but out of the way and not interfeering with those products in the regular rotation!

And honestly, for $2.50 or whatever I paid for this, it was a total steal!:)


Do you have any fun ways to store your makeup?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...