Thursday, October 27, 2011

Shopping is good for the soul!

I do believe in Heaven. And I do believe I'm going there. I know all the stories about the streets of gold and blah blah blah. But, in my heart, I know that my Heaven will be a lot like a DSW combined with ULTA. It will be bright and beautiful and full of shoes and beauty products! It will all be free!! There will also be donuts and endless supply of pumpkin spice lattes.... 


So I had a little piece of that Heaven since I went to ULTA tonight. There is just some feeling about walking in there... all the lights... the organization of it all... the products... It puts a smile on my face just thinking about it. I wasn't looking for anything specific, just kind of browsing, so I only picked up a few things.


The first thing was O.P.I. correct & clean up refillable corrector pen.  The front of the box says "The easy way to clean Nail Lacquer off cuticles for great-looking nails! Includes pen plus one replacement tip." I'm sure I will be using this product alllll the time since it seems I can't ever keep the polish just on my nail. I have not read any reviews yet, and I probably won't so my opinion won't be swayed when I try it. It seems a lot like a white-out pen. Looks like a spongey, brush type thing and the instructions to refill seem pretty easy. Put in new tip and refill with polish remover. So we'll see. I'm curious to see how long it lasts and how easy it is to use. ($6.95) note: Sally Hansen had a similar product. I may do a comparison of the two at a later point.


Next up was a new holographic polish by essence in 01 Gagalectric. Straight on it looks like a light lilac-y purple, but as you move it, the sparkle/holographic part changes to blue-ish, minty-green shades. I haven't done the color-changing-in-different-angles polish in years, and this one just caught my eye. This is my first polish by essence so I'm excited to try it. Plus, it was only $1.99 so even if it sucks, I'm not really out a whole lot. Obviously the picture just doesn't do it justice, but I'll get better ones when I use it.


Lastly, I can't leave ULTA without passing through the NYX lip color section. I love love love their soft matte lip cream--it's not a lip stick, it's not a gloss, it's just the right texture! I already own Addis Ababa and Milan so tonight I picked up London--a soft, light brown--almost like hot cocoa with melted marshmallows:) What I love most about these lip creams is that it goes on so smooth and the color really lasts! It feels good when it goes on--doesn't dry out my lips like a stick, but provides more coverage and not too drippy like some glosses. The Addis Ababa is hot pink, which with most of my makeup looks seems a bit much. But I really do love the color. The Milan is softer and prettier, but I'm not completely comfortable with how it blends (or rather, doesn't blend) with my skin tone. I have high hopes for London since it is almost getting cooler and fall colors are finally becoming more fashionably acceptable here in Florida. Will probably use it tomorrow and let you know what I think. ($5.99)


And that was all I got today! Total with tax $15.98! What a deal!! :)


xoxo,

2 comments:

  1. Ulta is also one of my fav spots. They get me with their hair product section. Between you and I we could cover the whole store hahaha. Let me know next time you go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! We will definitely make an event of it!:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...