Thursday, December 15, 2011

Review: Hard Candy Plumping Serum

I may have mentioned a time or two before about how much I heart Hard Candy makeup products. I don't think I've tried something of theirs that I don't like! Since I love, love, love their Glossaholic lip gloss, when I saw they had out a "volumizing" lip gloss, I just had to have it.

If I were to compare my lips to a famous person's, I'd say they're kind of like Kirsten Dunst's. Very thin; especially when I smile. I have been drawn to anything that promises to "plump" my lips. (This is one time.. probably the ONLY time when the word "plump" has good connotations. hahaha)

So I picked this up at Walmart for about $6 in shade 419 amp. It's a soft pink color with small glitter/shimmer sparkle to it. As you know by the name of my blog, I love glitter glosses;) Hahaha.

I was expecting it to nearly burn as many of the ones I've used in the past have (I don't know all the science behind it, but apparently the burning makes lips bigger hahah) Anyway, this one surprisingly did not burn; it was more of a cool tingle, which I actually enjoy.

The applicator is the average size (not like the Glossaholic where you can get both lips done in one swipe). It does need reapplication every several hours, but that's more for the glossy/tingly feel. I've found that the color actually lasts pretty well... and while I notice little lip prints on my coffee cup, it doesn't all come off, most of it stays on my lips.

Are my lips volumized by this pluming serum? Eh, I don't have Angelina Jolie lips yet, but it's still an awesome product, and I'll definitely be picking it up in more colors soon:)

2 comments:

  1. ooo I need some plumpage! Know of any lip plumping products that are not gloss? I can't pull off the shiny look. I don't even think it is possible to make a lip plumping chapstick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple ideas!! Lemme look into it and share with you what I find!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...