Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Review e.l.f. Eyelid Primer and Shimmering Facial Whip

Helllooooo Lovelies!! I hope you week is off to a fantastic start!!  The title of today's post is a little misleading. The truth is, this is more a review of e.l.f's Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal and sort of a comparison to e.l.f's Eyelid Primer. I bought both of these last month when I did a mini-e.l.f haul from Target.
They are not this dark and orange'y it's the lighting :(

In the comments section of that post, MsPrettyfulGirl mentioned that she uses it for base of eyeshadow. Hmm.

Anyway, so the review first! I love anything that is glittery, sparkly, shimmery, etc. You can bet your bottom dollar that when body glitter was big in the late 90's I was alllll about that! Glitter in my hair, glitter on my eyes, glitter on my shoulders... gel glitters, powder glitters, spray glitters. OMG, it was a little excessive.

Little secret, not much has changed. lol. I still love things like that! So I was really excited about getting a Shimmering Facial Whip for $1! There are few things deceiving about this. One, the name "Lilac Petal" has nothing to do with this. I don't think there's anything lilac'y about it at all. And that's totally okay. Two, it's not a whip. I picture "whips" being more fluffy, light, airy... like whipped cream!:) This is definitely more watery--to the point that it almost separates while it's in the tube.

Overall, it actually adds a nice little shimmery glow to wherever you put it.

I really do not like e.l.f's Eyelid Primer. I know, I know, this was the second one I bought; it's cheap; it works; whatever. But I really don't think it works THAT well. It's very thin, and I feel like my shadow still creases and doesn't look very good even with using the primer. And you know that almost everything I review I love love love. Not this. I also feel like it doesn't last very long. I understand it's only $1, but still. Not happy. Will not buy again.

Enter the Shimmering Facial Whip. I started using this as an eyelid primer last week and I have been LOVING it. It's not as thick as some other primers may be, but with the slight sticky texture it has, I think the shadows stick to it better. Plus it definitely adds a little extra shimmer to whatever shadow you wear.

Check it out in these pictures:
each dabbed on

each rubbed in

with Urban Decay Half Baked over each of them
So it's hard to tell in the pictures, but I really do think it looks fab over the shimmer. You can almost see crease marks forming over the eyelid primer right away!

In other news, I normally take pictures on my arm not my hand... being this close up of my hands makes me realize I'm already getting those spots old ladies have on their hands! I'm only 28 (and a half!) I'm too young for this stuff!!!! How do I make my hands look younger??

What do you think? Do you think I'm wrong and e.l.f Eyelid Primer is good stuff? (it's okay, you can disagree with me;) Have you tried the shimmering facial whip? How do you use it??

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...