Saturday, March 3, 2012

I'm in LOVE! .... with my new sunglasses

Hi Lovelies! Happy Saturday!! Hope you have some fabulous weekend plans and are having a great start to your weekend!! I had the day off yesterday so I got in a little shopping!! Honestly, I wish things like rent and bills didn't exist so I could just spend my entire paycheck on buying things like I did when I was 17. Haha.

My big purchase was my first real pair of "expensive" sunglasses. I'm really not one for "expensive" sunglasses; I just could never see paying a lot of money for something when I could just get some at Target for $10. Oh, if only I kept track of how many "cheap" pairs of sunglasses I've bought even in just the past five years! But then, I lose them, I break them, I scratch them, I decide I don't like them anymore... whatever, then I just move on and buy a new pair. But these... "expensive" ones... they were just so perfect...

I saw them last week at the mall and thought they were gorgeous. I did some research online but then pretty much just forgot about them. Convincing myself that I didn't *need* them. But when I was back at the mall yesterday, I walked in to Oakley... and they there were... It wouldn't hurt to just try them on, right?

So I did.

And they fit like a dream! Like they were made just for my face!

via Oakley Disguise
They're not too big, not too small, they are JUST RIGHT! And I think it's a very classy design so that no matter what glasses end up being "trendy" I'll still look fab! (because let's be honest, at $150 or whatever, these had better be the last sunglasses I buy in a lonnnng time!:)

And you may be wondering why sunglasses are so important to me right now! Well! In other big, breaking news, I'm going on a cruise in two weeks!!! OMG I am sooo super excited about this. My friend Tiffany has had this cruise planned for about a year now; and for a variety of reasons, the person she was going to go with is now unable to make it. She was just gonna skip the whole thing altogether 'cause she didn't want to go alone, so I volunteered to go with her! We just had to get the name changed on the ticket and everything else is good to go! I am on my way to a 3-day cruise to the Bahamas!!!

I've never been on a cruise before, but I've wanted to go for (what seems like) my whole life! I kept saying that I'd take a cruise for my birthday some year (which, happens to be at the end of August.. still in the heart of hurricane season, so that's not really the SMARTEST idea. But probably very cheap;)

Really, the only thing I know about cruises is what I've learned from pop culture. I remember when I read Baby-Sitters Club Super Special #1 Baby Sitters on Board (they go on a cruise and to Disney World) that was all I wanted to do! It just seemed so fabulous! (and p.s. how wonderful were the Baby Sitter Club books?? Ann M. Martin, you are a genius!)

I think I'd probably watched every re-run of "Love Boat" when it was on TV when I was a child. I'm convinced this must be what real life cruises are like as well.

And of course, how many times have I seen Titanic? Clearly, I'll be posing nude as some poor (but extremely hot) artist sketches me before we hit an iceberg and cling to life on a piece of the ship... (kidding)
via
Anyway, suffice to say, I am super excited about this trip! It'll be a perfect little Spring Break voyage and getaway from work and humdrum way of life.

Have you ever been on a cruise? Is it as wonderful as it's portrayed in books, TV, and movies? Do you have any advice? Also, what is your favorite pair of sunglasses??

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...