Monday, April 2, 2012

Revlon Lip Butters.... Revisited

Hi Lovelies! You know how sometimes there's a product you LOVE when you first use it, then after time you kind of start to hate it? Other times, you try something and you're just not sure about it... but you try it again some other time and then you like it? Or you use it for a while and it starts to grow on you?

So, a couple months ago, I did my first review on Revlon Lip Butters. It was shortly after they were released in the US and everyone was talking about how awesome they were! And girls were buying every color! Target was nearly sold out all the time! It was a huge craze!

I, however, was not a fan.

I got Strawberry Shortcake and talked about how pretty the packaging was and it was nice, but I wouldn't use it all the time, blah blah blah.

That was really my nice way of saying, "Are you all smoking crack?? Am I seriously the only person in the world who doesn't like this???"

I'd seen a few other sorta negative reviews and realized maybe I wasn't alone. Then, I saw some girls trying other colors and giving more positive reviews.

Fine, they're in the UK now. Now *those* girls like it. I decided I needed to give Revlon a second chance.

I picked up Gum Drop and Sugar Plum last weekend. I still love the packaging. But even better, I now love the inside too!

I haven't used Gum Drop much yet, but that's only because I have not been able to put down Sugar Plum! This color is perfect! Not too dark, not too light! Compliments my features perfectly, and I swear it looks just right with whatever makeup look I have going on!

So, I am fully invested in this product now! I might even try a few other colors! I love the texture of it--it's definitely more than a balm; not as shiny as a gloss; and not as heavy as a stick. Revlon, you nailed it with this. And I'm definitely now on the I Heart Revlon Lip Butters bandwagon:) I'm so glad I gave them a second chance!

How about you? Have you loved them from the beginning? Or did it take a few color tries for you to honestly love them? Have there been any products you've changed your mind about? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...