Saturday, January 14, 2012

Revlon Lip Butter Review...

By now, you've probably read at least one review or heard at least one person talking about Revlon Lip Butters... I'd seen several reviews, and most girls seemed to be absolutely raving about the product! Picking them up in numbers of seven, twelve, etc. I jumped on the bandwagon and figured, omg, I must need to try this!!

I was at Target last weekend picking up stuff for my giveaway (which, ps ends TONIGHT, so enter while you still can!) and decided I NEEDED to try one of these. The selection was getting smaller... mostly one of each color and a few colors missing... (this increased my opinion that they must be the BEST THINGS EVER since they were ALMOST SOLD OUT.) Hmm.

I bought Strawberry Shortcake. It's a soft, almost coral'ish kinda color and thought it would look pretty good in an every day look. I decided if I was going to do a fair review, I had to use it exclusively or else other products on my lips may sway what I think of the color/texture/lasting wear, etc. And that, my friends, is the ONLY lip product I've been using allll week (until last night:)

Let me tell you, the packaging is AMAZING. It really makes it almost worth the $8 simply because of how pretty it looks! The color, the texture, the size, everything about the outside of it is pretty! The color itself is also very nice. It's a little pinkier than a baby pink, but not TOO pink (honestly, could anything ever be TOO pink?)
one swipe left, multiple right, with flash
one swipe left, multiple right, without flash
 I was surprised by the feel of it on my lips. I honestly don't even know how to explain it... not quite a gloss... or a stick.. or even a balm... it was kinda like a lipstick that had been sitting in the car for a few minutes on a hot summer day, if that makes sense. Softer and almost melted a bit. Which is good for application, it smooths on very nicely. It really is kind of like butter.

I was hoping it would smell like strawberries or have a light strawberry taste or anything.. it doesn't... there's just... nothing.

It stays on just okay. Made a mess on every coffee cup, can, glass I drank out of :( and I had to reapply every few hours.

Overall, I'm happy I tried it so I can say I tried it. And I'll definitely still use it sometimes; but it's not good enough to make it into my every day wear routine, and I won't be buying any more.

So what do you think? Have you tried them? Do you think they're hyped up way more than what they really are? Or are you one of the girls that has them in every color and have no idea what you did before they existed?? :)


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...