Monday, May 21, 2012

Review: L'oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara

Hi Lovelies! And welcome to the start of another week! When someone asks you what your favorite products are, you probably have a pretty good idea--my favorite foundation is X... my favorite eye shadows are Y... my favorite lip gloss is Z... etc. But when it comes to mascara, I have one I really like, but I'm not sooo comitted to it that I'm not willing to try others.

In fact, if we're being completely honest, I'm what one might call... a mascara whore... lol. Anytime a new mascara comes out, I feel like I *need* to try it! I have this compelling need to see if it does what it really claims! ('cause you know EVERY mascara promises to thicken, lengthen, plumpen, darken, yada yada yada. But do they really???!)

So, I've tried A LOT of mascaras. And some work.. some get gloopy.. some make my eyelashes fall out.. okay, that one hasn't happened, but it's felt like it at times! lol.

When I saw this mascara at Ulta ($9.49), I was quite intrigued! It didn't have the normal mascara wand, but rather a little ball on the end of it! What an idea! I figured it could get into all the little crevices of my eye where it may be harder (and more possible to stick in my eye) to use the regular classic wand design.

May I introduce you to L'oreal's Telescopic Explosion Mascara!
Before I get into a full review, can I please draw your attention to this packaging. It looks like a.... wait for it... TELESCOPE!!!! OMG! I honestly did not even see that when I bought it; it wasn't 'til I'd been using it for a few days before I saw it! HAHAH Love it!

So when you open it up, you can see how it has a little ball on it:
Here's what it claims: "100% of lashes are extended and separated. The spherical brush allows you to apply in every direction - result... you have fanned out lashes for a dramatic effect." I know a lot of girls didn't really like this. And I'd even been warned before I used it. Someone told me, "Oh, I tried that; you're not going to like it." So I went in to using it kinda nervous... and skeptical.

I think this mascara is actually pretty fabulous. I've been using it for about three weeks now, and I'm very happy with it. The formula is lovely--not too thick, not too thin. It's starting to get a little clumpy, but since I've been using it every day, I'm not too surprised.

I like that it makes my eyelashes look dark (I got it in blackest black) without making them look too shiny or like I have a lot of mascara on, ya know?

I don't feel like my lashes are a whole super lot longer, but I do believe it "fans" them out and makes them appear longer. People have noticed my eyes more since I've been using it, so it definitely works:)

Final opinion? I like it, but it is a little pricey. I probably will not buy it again, not because there is anything wrong with it, but I still haven't found a mascara I'm ready to commit to and will continue whoring myself out until I do:) Next up? I'll be comparing Ulta's Lash Blow Out to this one!

So, have you tried the ball mascara applicator yet? What did you think? And what is your favorite mascara?? Do you have one??

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...