Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What's in my May Birchbox?

Lovelies! The week is half over! Yaaaay!! I've gotta tell you, there are some weeks I only get thru by planning what I'm going to do on the weekend, hahaha. Sometimes even if there are no plans, it still helps to think about Saturday to get thru the week! lol. How do you get through long/hard weeks??

Anyway! Today is another box to show you! My Birchbox!!! I feel like Birchbox can read my mind or something and somehow knew that I was thinking about cancelling so they send me a package with products that I actually enjoyed! To me, Birchbox has been really hit or miss. I'd get a box that I liked and was like, "ok, cool, well done!" then I'd get a box and be like, "what is this?? what in my profile made you think I'd want this??"

Well, this month their theme was "Gossip Girl" which, I've honestly never watched, but I feel like it's a show I would like. So maybe I'll check it out sometime (is it on Netflix?). And when I opened my kit, I pretty much liked *everything*

Without further ado, let's get right to it and see what I received!:)

Arquiste L'Etrog

This transporting scent will take you to an exotic Mediterranean cabin built out of palm leaves and foraged branches. Beneath these opening woodsy notes hovers a bright base of Etrog citron, which is native to Calabria, plus lush date and fragrant myrtle. The overall composition is warm and citrusy without veering into overly sweet territory.

Okay, I actually really didn't like how this smells. But it will not go to waste! I gave it to my mom for mother's day:) lol She'll enjoy it!


Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25+

A moisturizer, sunscreen, and treatment serum all-in-one, this tinted balm even helps hide imperfections—so there’s no need for foundation or cover-up. Think of it as the Swiss Army Knife of your beauty cabinet.

A combination of glacier water, deep ocean water, hyaluronic acid, and aloe vera deeply hydrate skin to ensure you that you look dewy, never dry. Sebum-regulating ingredients keep your complexion from becoming greasy, while portulaca oleracea extract protects skin from environmental damage. The cherry on top of this multi-tasking product is broad-spectrum SPF 25+, which blocks harmful UVA and UVB rays from reaching your skin.

I'm super excited about trying this!! This is definitely the kind of product I'd pick up on my own; though I've never heard of Dr. Jart+ so I'm glad that Birchbox introduced me to it:)

Color Club® Foil Collection

Give your nails an unexpected look with Color Club’s edgy foil shades. A favorite of top beauty bloggers (not to mention everyone in our office), these polishes have a super-reflective metallic finish that’s truly mesmerizing. We’re warning you now: you won’t be able to stop staring at your nails.
 
Disco Nap is a metallic gold with a silvery finish, while Foil Me Once is an icy pink with faint mauve undertones. And you’ll be happy to hear that all of Color Club’s nail polishes are free of harmful ingredients like formaldehyde and parabens.

This is such a fun color!! I don't have any metallic polishes and this is just really pretty and soft. Plus, when it comes to football season, I bet I can use it for some good Steelers black and gold manis;) (to all my international friends, that is American football;)[p.s. I just realized this wasn't in my box when I took the picture! oops! I really did get it!]

beautyblender® blendercleanser

We’re all guilty of being a bit sporadic when it comes to washing our makeup sponges and brushes. But since we found this lavender-scented cleanser, we’re fully committed. Originally designed to be used with the bestselling beautyblender®, it’s also great for any other tool that comes into contact with our skin. The earth-friendly formula gets rid of the bacteria, dirt, and oil that can accumulate over time. Plus, the gentle low-suds formula doesn’t contain any artificial dyes or irritating ingredients.
 
Use this soy-based cleanser to clean your tools regularly and keep them in pristine condition. It’s also a way of doing your skin a favor. Soy has natural moisturizing properties and dissolves any dirt and debris trapped in your brushes and sponges.

I'm not gonna lie, I don't clean my makeup brushes nearly enough or as much as I'm supposed to (or really at all, it seems at times...) I know it's such a simple thing that can really keep my face safer and cleaner... No excuses! Especially not since Birchbox sent me this! I used it on Sunday to clean my brushes--all of them--and it's like I have a brand new set!! Yay!! I'm going to keep doing it every week now--just like I'm supposed to:) Thanks, Birchbox!

A greeting card was also stuck in my box. It's a really cute red card that says "xoxo" on the front and came with a pink envelope! Someone will get a special message from me!:)

But my absolute favorite thing in the box?? It's actually the cheapest, littlest thing ever haha. It's a

Twistband Skinny Headband

We never seem to have a headband when we need one, like those times we’re trying to salvage a bad hair day or running on a treadmill with sweaty bangs. Happily, these hip elastic bands are remedying the situation for good. Perhaps the most versatile hair accessory ever, they look equally awesome paired with your workout gear or a sweet sundress. This six-pack comes with a variety of fun colors—from orange to turquoise—to match every mood and outfit.
 
Skinny and stylish, each band is made of super-soft elastic that won’t leave a crease behind or induce a dreaded headband headache. They’re especially great for those growing out their bangs.

I LOVE THIS!!! Mine is bright yellow, but these things are seriously the best!!! It doesn't hurt my head, doesn't slide, it's just amazing! I would definitely buy more! When I opened my Birchbox, I put this in my hair right away--tag still on 'cause I hadn't even taken pictures yet lol--but it is simply fabulous!! If you haven't tried one of these, you totally need to!:)

A final thought on Birchbox for today: I thought since it was a special Gossip Girl box, everyone was going to get the same box (I have no basis for this opinion, just thought it) SO! When I saw Arielle's box, Daanielle's box, and Lizzy's box I was both surprised (and impressed) that no one got the same exact thing! And out of all of them, I think I really like mine best! At least this time, haha, usually I see other people's boxes and get jealous that they got something "better" than I did. But Birchbox definitely got it right this time;) Another month I won't be cancelling... but I'm still not totally sold on Birchbox, so I'll keep you posted!

What was in your Birchbox this month?? Do you watch "Gossip Girl"? What do you think about it??:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...