Friday, October 5, 2012

Flashback Friday: Fall Edition

Hello Lovelies!! It's finally fall and you know what that means! Pumpkin patches, corn mazes, apple cider, falling leaves, pumpkin spice lattes, hoodies, boots, sweaters, ALL of fall fashion, cooler weather.... *sigh*

Let me take a moment to remind you, I live in Florida.

It is still 94 degrees farenheit here...

I don't think I ever truly appreciated fall. You see, I grew up outside Pittsburgh, and we never really had fall there either. We had summer and summer went right into winter. Not kidding, there were several years we had to plan our halloween costumes around fitting over our snowsuits. I remember trick or treating with snow flurries! Crazy.

But as I'm getting older, I start feeling all nostalgic during the fall season. It's just such a cozy season. It starts getting cooler (except in Florida :P ), there's fun activities to go to with friends and family, and it means the holidays are right around the corner!

Even in the hot humid days, there is something that can always get me in the fall mood: Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin from Bath & Body works.

I have been using this nearly ever autumn since high school (I'm not even going to remind you how long ago *that* was! lol. But I'm almost 30, it's been a long time hahah). And since I only use it during the fall months, it has a special connection to my brain where I just start feeling all cozy on the inside.

While it doesn't bring back specific memories, it just takes my mind back to a simpler time. Before I had so many bills of my own to pay, before I had to worry about taking care of anyone but myself, before job security and advancement were ever thought about... It takes me back to a time where the biggest things I had to worry about was if I should break up with high school boyfriend and what shoes I should buy with my paycheck.

It reminds me, that it doesn't matter where you live. Fall isn't just about pumpkin pie and cute layered clothes, it's about realizing that even though life changes, there are some things that will always be a constant in your life--in this case, Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin--and if you keep holding on to those things, no matter how crazy things become, you can still remember who you are and where you came from. And sometimes, that's all you really need to know:)

What are some of your favorite fall memories?? Or fall items?? What scents do you have that are season specific?




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...