Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Review: Revlon Colorstay Whipped Cream Foundation

Hi Lovelies! This summer, I didn't use a lot of foundation because it is hotttttt and I hate having my makeup melt off (hint though, USE PRIMER!!;) and I honestly wasn't in the mood to try a whole lot of new foundations because I have still been loving Maybelline's Dream Nude Airfoam foundation! But when I see *everyone* talking about how much they love a new product, I have a hard time not trying it. So I picked up Revlon's Colorstay Whipped Cream Foundation!

I got it at Walgreens for $13.99... which I thought seemed like a lot for .8 oz, but whatever, everyone loves it, so it's worth it right? ;)

This is what Revlon promises: "The mousse-like texture feels like silk on your skin. And, the time release formula balances skin for a flawless look. All day flexible wear without flaking, caking or feeling heavy. "
I will say that everything they claim was very true for me! This stuff is so creamy AND light at the same time. I hardly felt like I was wearing anything at all. Which was actually surprising to me, because when I first put it on, I thought it was going to be a little thicker/heavier than I would've liked.

Even though it's a light feel, the coverage is very full; but like they say it definitely wasn't cakey at all. It blended so well, you could hardly even tell I was wearing any foundation (I LOVE that!)
first blobbed on

fully blended, you can see the skin with and without foundation
The biggest downside for me is that it's in a jar. While it looks super cool, when my nails are longer, I hate having to dip my fingers in and get foundation all under my nails ya know? But that is really the only complaint I have.

While I really did enjoy it, I probably won't purchase again. Not because of anything of the quality, but for the price. Yes, this .8 ounces does last a long time, but I think I can get more foundation for my money from another brand:)

Did you buy into the buzz of the whipped foundation? What did you think?? What if your *favorite* foundation right now?



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...