Friday, October 19, 2012

Flashback Friday: Give Your Hair Away

Hi Lovelies! Another blast from the past from the blog for today's Flashback Friday!! In January, I told you all about how I participated in Locks of Love the previous summer by donating my hair! I figure this is such a good cause it is worth repeating! This post originally ran on Monday, January 9, 2011.

It's Monday Hair Day! No products or anything to review today, I wanted to tell you all about an organization you may or may not be familiar with--Locks of Love. For those of you that don't know, it's a non-profit organization that takes hair donations and turns them into wigs for children that need them--it could be kids that lost their hair due to cancer and radiation or other diseases such as alopecia.

Now, I don't know how long you keep your hair, but after mine gets a little past my shoulder, it starts irritating me. It's already super thick to begin with so the longer it gets, the longer it takes to dry, the harder it takes to style, they heavier and hotter it is.. and all around a big hassle.

Last year, I finally dedicated myself to growing my hair completely for this good cause! They need at least 10 inches of hair for the donation to work. They will still take layered hair if some of the hair is shorter, as long as the longest parts are 10 inches (all the rules can be found on their website:)


So, my hair grew and grew and grew and grew... I was practically Rapunzel!! (slight exagerration, but for me who usually keeps it chin-shoulder length it was a lot for me!) But it felt sooo good to know that when I packaged it up and mailed it out, my hair (which drove me nuts!) could quite possibly make the day of some small child somewhere. And that, my lovelies, is totally worth it.

This isn't to pressure you and tell you you have to grow your hair out. I'm not being compensated at all by saying any of this; I just wanted to get awareness out for a really great cause! If you want more information or have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...