Monday, October 22, 2012

Battle of the BB Creams: Maybelline

Hi Lovelies! So as promised, here is the 2nd post in my Battle of the BB Creams series! (you can read my first one here!) For the past three or so weeks, I have now been using Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Protector.
First, what does it promise?
BB creams combine skincare + makeup in 1 simple step
8-in-1 Skin Perfector:
• Blurs imperfections
• Brightens
• Evens skin tone
• Smoothes
• Hydrates
• Enhances
• Protects with SPF 30
• 0% oils and heavy ingredients
blobbed on

Blended in (can't even see it!)
 And how did it work for me?
I really do think it did much of what it said! It blurred imperfections (light ones; like the dark circles were still under my eyes, but not nearly as obvious). My skin did look brighter (but that could be the "pregnancy glow"?? lol). Like the L'oreal one, it did even my skin tone to begin with but as the day went on, my rosy (sometimes blotchy) cheeks did start to come through. It definitely smoothed and hydrated! My skin felt fresh even without a moisturizer on prior to it! I can't say that it really enhanced anything? But I do love that it has SPF in it!

So what I liked the most was just how light it felt--it moisturized without being heavy. Since it's still a million (or 90) degrees here, it was good to have light coverage without the fear of it all melting off every time I walked outside. I used the light shade of it and feel like it totally matched my skin and blended in perfectly!

However, having said all that, I still just can't understand all the hype of these things. Like, the convenience is awesome, I just put it on and do some eye makeup and lips and I'm good for the day (so it's perfect for mornings where I choose sleep over doing a lot of makeup;) But it doesn't seem like some miracle product to me! I guess I just felt kind of let down.

It's $7.44 (at Target) so cheaper (and in my mind, all around better) than the BB Cream by L'oreal. But I still don't think it's worth that price. You get 1.0 fluid ounce. ONE! Like honestly, how long is that supposed to last you? I've been using mine for three weeks now, and I think it's starting to get low.

Will I buy it again? Possibly. I do think it's a fab product to have in the summer when you just want light, protective coverage and not a lot of fuss to do your makeup; but don't buy it just because it's a "BB Cream." As I'm learning (and have heard from others) American BB Creams are kind of a bust compared to the Asian ones.

So! What do you think? Have you used this BB Cream?? What's your favorite??



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...