Monday, October 29, 2012

How to clear up Keratosis Pilaris All Naturally

Hi Lovelies! And welcome to another week! In the past I've mentioned that I suffer from keratosis pilaris. It sounds a lot scarier than it is. In my non-medical terms, it just means that I have goosebumps on my upper arms all the time and my skin turns really pink/red at times. It doesn't hurt; it just looks really gross.

(if you're more interested in medical terms, here's what it really is: "a common skin condition in which a protein in the skin called keratin forms hard plugs within hair follicles.")

I've tried several different products to try to make the bumps go away (or at least be less noticeable) and some stuff really worked (KP Duty is a good one to try, but sometimes a little pricey.)
via
So, a few months ago, I picked up a honey soap and scrubbing loofah from The Sugar Boutique (you can read my post about it here) Melanie, the owner, promised it was good for acne, psoriasis and other skin disorders; so it was worth a shot!
via
Here's what her website says about the Honey Soap:
Our Honey Soap has a rich lather that is known for remarkable healing properties! It is our best seller and is known for healing acne, cystic acne, dark marks, eczema, psoriasis, healing new tattoo's, ingrown hairs when shaving, and more!  Honey is a natural anti bacterial and brings down inflamation. The Honey Soap is Organic, Hypoallergenic, Paraben Free which is cancer causing, and has no preservatives giving a 1 year shelf life! The Honey Bar is a 4oz. Glycerin soap pulling moisture to your skin evening out your skin tone, leaving a lusterous look and feel.
Ingredients:
  • Honey
  • Coconut Oil
  • Palm Oil
  • Safflower Oil
  • Glycerine (kosher, of vegetable origin)
  • Purified Water
  • Sodium Hydroxide (saponifying agent)
  • Sorbitol (moisturizer)
  • Sorbitan oleate (emulsifer)
  • Soy bean protein (conditioner)

I used it off and on for the first couple months I had it; I started only using on one arm so that I could compare the results with the other untouched arm. After using it exclusively (on both arms) for nearly two months, I've gotta tell you this stuff is like a mircale soap! My fiance is just amazed when he touches my arms that my skin is now so soft and smooth!
via
The honey soap lathers sooo well. Gets really creamy on my arms, once it's all applied, I let it sit for a minute before scrubbing with the loofah and rinsing off. Once out of the shower, I apply some lotion and it's like I have brand new arms!

I love that I have an affordable, all natural, amazing product that absolutely clears up my KP! I would highly recommend this to anyone that has any sort of skin issue (especially acne, KP, psoriasis, etc.) because I honestly believe this product will work better than any chemical (expensive) product you can buy! Why wait? She has online ordering so do yourself (and your skin) a favor and give it what it wants--honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...