Basically, it's a blog for tips, tricks, and how-to's for fellow bloggers. A place for us all to get together and discuss things! I think it's an awesome idea, and I'm really excited they set it up!
So, November's Challenge is titled "In The Beginning" and here's how it goes, I have a list of questions I'm going to answer about how I started blogging, and you are encouraged to answer them as well and link up over at BBHQ!:)
- How long have you been blogging?
- I have been blogging just over a year! I started in October, 2011
- What/who inspired you to start blogging?
- I'd been watching a lot of YouTube beauty girls and reading some blogs and just thought, I could *totally* do that! And so I started!:)
- Did you tell your family and friends about your blog? If so, what was their reaction? Are they supportive or "in the dark" about your blogging?
- I didn't at first, I wasn't sure how it would go or how long I would stick with it and I really wasn't sure what they'd think. Most people are really supportive of it; but it's still kind of a secret. LOL, it's so funny, I have the link for my blog on my personal FB page, but I'm not sure if any of my friends even know it exists;)
- What goals or dreams did your have for your blog when you started? Have you accomplished them?
- I'm not sure what goals and dreams I actually had. I was looking for an outlet to share my nail art and love for beauty products! For that, I've definitely succeeded! I learned about subscription boxes and have tried more products than I ever thought possible! I've also made soooo many friends which I never even expected! The beauty blogger community is truly wonderful!:)
- If you could give your beginner-blogger-self one tip of advice, what would it be?
- One piece of advice I'd give is this: Do not focus on numbers. It's not about how many pageviews you get or how many followers you have--blog because you love it and because it's fun for you. If you're enjoying it, others will come--but that is not the goal!!
- What is your favorite and least favorite thing about being a blogger?
- My favorite thing is just interacting with everyone and sharing my opinions (good and bad) on different products. I also really love seeing what other people think about products I've tried. My least favorite thing.. hmm... I guess sometimes I feel pressured to have new material up all the time! And sometimes life just gets in the way and I don't have time to blog as much as I'd like:(
- What does your blog name mean? How did you decide on it?
- glitter gloss & glaze really just came to me one night when I was thinking about all the things I love (and I'm kind of a word nerd so I *love* alliteration;) Glitter is because I love all things sparkly; Gloss because I've been a lip-gloss addict for as long as I can remember; and Glaze because I figured it was a good word to use for nail polish--like a glaze on your nails:)
So there you have it, Lovelies! Tell me about how you started blogging!!