Monday, April 23, 2012

Nail Challenge Week 17: Earth Appreciation Mani

Hi Lovelies! Just a super quick post today so I can keep up with the weekly nail challenge! This week was "Earth Appreciation" since yesterday was Earth Day! (is this just an American holiday? I figure since we all inhabit the earth, we should all celebrate; but it seems like something Americans would think of lol)

Anyway, I really wanted to draw little globes on my nails; however, I am just not that skilled.

Sooooo, I decided to do trees! Sort of. Lots of people plant trees on Earth day (or is that Arbor Day?) and it seemed fitting.

Two coats of China Glaze Mahogany Magic from the Hunger Games collection ~ I've never really thought of brown as being a pretty color; but this is a really pretty, creamy, milk chocolate color. I love it!

On top of it, I sprinkled some little glittery pieces from the Martha Stewart collection (I picked these up last week at Michael's when I got the glass beads for my Kaviar nails:) The plan was they would look kinda like leaves/branches/tops of trees.


Hahhahaha, it turned out sooooo pathetic. I think if there were less green so that it was more flecks than piles it would've looked better. They look more like bushes or shrubbery than trees. LOL

Not every challenge is a winner, right?

Did you do a unique mani for Earth day? Or do anything special to celebrate?
P.S. If you were wondering (like I was) Earth Day is celebrated in about 175 countries world wide... but it was started in America. LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...