Sunday, June 3, 2012

Nail Challenge Week 22: Splatter Mani

Hi Lovelies! Time to see another one of my nail challenges! I know there are a couple different ways to do this.. you can either take a small brush and literally splatter the paint on your nails or you can use straws to kinda blow the paint on to your nails.

I chose the straw method.

I did a base coat and two coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White then taped around my nails. I'm usually really bad at this, but I think I'm using a better thinner tape that actually worked out quite well!

For my splatter, I wanted to do it kinda old school. Did anyone ever have their school pictures taken on the latter in front of the splatter paint background? It was all primary colors and just kinda crazy. That's really the splattered look I was going for.

I used an empty Birchbox cover and dripped in the polishes (Revlon Top Speed Fast Dry Nail Enamel Jelly, Sinful Colors Unicorn, and Orly Snowcone), used a straw for each color (two from Ruby Tuesday's, one from Wendy's) and blew each color.

I did one nail at a time. So like, pinky got red.. blue.. yellow... next nail...

This is how it turned out (still with tape on so it looks super messy):


Then after taking the tape off there were really just a few spots that would require some extra clean up:
Confession: I only did my left hand then took it off. I wear a lot of crazy things on my nails to work; this just seemed a little *too* messy for me. I like the splatter mani for the right occasion; but for me, I just couldn't rock it as an every day nail look.

Have you done a splatter mani? Which method do you prefer?


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...