Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Nail Challenge Week 25: Rainbow/Pride Nails

Another week and another challenge! I've got to tell you, one of my favorite things about these nail challenges is how open they are for interpretation. Like some of the past ones stripes, floral, dots, etc. it can be ANYTHING. And you can have 5 people doing the challenge and you'll have 5 different manis! I don't just mean the colors, like completely different styles!

This week's challenge is Rainbow/Pride nails. I figured a lot of people would do rainbows on each nail or possibly a different color of the rainbow on each nail--pretty straight forward right?

I, however, decided to go a slightly different route... I wanted something fun and festive but not *too* out there. I wanted to have the rainbow on my nails, but without my hands looking like clowns.

So here is what I did. After my usual OPI Base Coat, I used two coats of Revlon's Sheer Cotton. This is a fun color because it's kind of nude/neutral (at least for pale people like me;) but it's also got enough color in it that you can still tell my nails are polished.
Then, I picked out the rainbow from my collection. In order ROYGBIV. (did anybody else learn that acronym for learning the colors of the rainbow? Is it just an American thing?) Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet--ROY G. BIV. lol
Sinful Colors Go Go Girl, Sinful Colors Cloud 9, Sinful Colors Innocent, Essie Mojito Madness (thank you Klout!;), Teal (not sure what brand this is; funny story, this is the ONLY polish I have had since high school. I believe I came in a set of four and some of the polishes were scented!), and Revlon Grape.

And this, my friends, is what I did:


So it may not be easy to see, but what I did was put all the colors along the tips of my nails--French style--and the colors change from red to orange.. orange to yellow... yellow to green.. green to blue... then blue/indigo/violet ended up on my thumb. lol. Just like a little pop of color!

What do you think? How would you do rainbow nails?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...